When choosing ingredients for our formulations we strive to use primarily Certified Organic, Organic or Wildcrafted ingredients. Out of the 105 ingredients found in our products and listed in our Ingredients Glossary, there are only 7 ingredients which I have elected to use that are naturally derived and are irrefutably safe. The reason for this is that I was not pleased with the action or results that the Organic or Wildcrafted ingredients provided and chose a healthy alternative that would give me the effect I was after and at the same time be safe for our bodies.
An example of this would be the surfactants (sudsing agents) that I use. The purest form of surfactant is Castile based. However, I do not like the way it leaves a waxy residue on the hair shaft or how you need to use a vinegar or lemon rinse to remove the soap film. So, I replaced it with our Decyl Polyglucose and Lauryl Polyglucose, both naturally derived and safe.
Below is a list of our 7 naturally derived ingredients, as well as an explanation of the Water Process we use in our formulations. Being a Hairstylist and an Esthetician for twenty-some-odd years, I have grown accustomed to using the best products out there and so I strive to provide you with high quality products that meet and surpass the high-end synthetic products in my field. As you can see below, these 7 naturally derived ingredients all have the lowest ratings from EWG (Environmental Working Group) and we are pleased as punch that we can provide you with the safest, yet most effective products we can dream up.
- Grapefruit Extract: (Citrus Paradisi) Is a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. The extract is prepared by grinding grapefruit seeds and pulp into a fine powder. In the United States, standardized GSE contains 60% grapefruit extract materials and 40% vegetable glycerin. Per EWG*, Grapefruit Seed Extract has a low concern rate of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is a natural preservative.
- Vegetable Emulsifying Wax: Our vegetable emulsifying waxes are fatty polyglycosides that are prepared by reacting glucose or olive wax and collagen with natural fatty acids. They contain no solvents or hydrotropes. Per EWG*, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax has a low concern rate of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. They are moisturizing to the skin and allow the liquids to mix with the oils in our formulations.
- Xanthan Gum: Is a natural carbohydrate gum produced by a pure culture fermentation of a carbohydrate with Xanthomonas campestris. Per EWG*, Xanthan Gum has a low concern rate of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is a thickener, emulsifier, and a stabilizer.
- Vegetable Glycerin: Is a sweet oily fluid obtained by adding alkalies to fats and fixed oils. Per EWG*, Vegetable Glycerin has a low concern rate of 1 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is a demulcent, emollient, soothing and healing.
- Decyl Polyglucose: Is a naturally based ingredient derived from corn and several different sugars. It occurs naturally in Sweet Orange and Ambrette seed. It is nitrogen and ethylene free. Per EWG*, Decyl Glucose has a low concern rate of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is a surfactant as well as soothes the skin.
- Lauryl Polyglucose: A highly active, non-ionic surfactant containing no solvents or hydrotropes. Per EWG*, Lauryl Glucose has a low concern rate of 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is a surfactant.
- AHA: Alpha Hydroxy Acids are water soluble. They are a group of structurally related organic acids found in natural sources. Per EWG*, Alpha Hydroxy Acids have a low concern rate of 2 on a scale of 0 to 10. AHA's allow the skin to be smoother and softer with an overall lessening of fine wrinkles and skin discoloration.
Purified Water: Well it’s not just water; we utilize a 2-step process.
In the first step we use a natural purification processes in combination with advanced technology. Our water filter not only removes harmful contaminants but it also enhances the water through a patented process that creates a quality of water beyond the reach of conventional water filters. The filter eliminates salt and other chemicals. The result is conditioned, purified, and enhanced water. You’ll notice the difference in your skin and hair after just one bath or shower. It’s like bringing a spa into your home.
The second process our purified water goes through is using an energizing device. After extensive research and basing their work on the knowledge of ancient cultures, our company based out of Austria has been able to develop the NARASAN technology that gives water back its original structure and spring energy: when the water passes through the NARASAN energising device, disturbance information in the structure is eliminated and its natural structure is reestablished - thereby the quality of water and even its action on life-energy are increased. Since our bodies are composed of mostly water it seemed only right to rehydrate the cells in order to make them more permeable for our other ingredients.
*Environmental Working Group: Click Here to Visit the Environmental Working Group. We have submitted our Company’s products and out of the 47 products currently listed we are proud to say that 44 rate a 0 and 3 rate a 1.