This probably isn’t your most unique ingredient spotlight, but Olive Oil is nonetheless a five-star, versatile ingredient in all types of foods and products. We’re highlighting it this week because it helps make up a few of our awesome products like the Organic Sunscreen and the Organic Baby Sunscreen — especially important in these blistering dog days of summer. Looking at you, August! Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made up of monounsaturated fatty acids that are extremely heart healthy and not only that, but the oil encompasses a whole slew of other benefits, too. It’s been said that it boosts skin health, helps fight diabetes and even some cancers, helps balance hormones, and so much more. And it’s also delicious to eat and cook with.
And I love to cook and share delectable recipes that I find, so that’s exactly what I’m here to do today. This is a super simple, summer recipe using Extra Virgin Olive Oil that can accompany pretty much anything you throw on the grill — so tasty. Delicious doesn’t have to be complex. Enjoy!
Grilled Bread with Herby Olive Oil
- Baguette, sliced in half, horizontally
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary (or other favorite herb)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat grill on high
- Brush cut side of bread with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Place cut side of bread on grill for about 5 minutes; flip and grill the opposite side for 5 minutes.
- Rub cut side of bread with clove of garlic. It should just melt right into the bread for a light and delicious garlic taste.
- Prepare the dipping oil by combining olive oil, rosemary (or other herb), salt and pepper. Drizzle balsamic in oil mixture.
- Serve with the warm, grilled bread; enjoy!