Our Future is Green
Our Beliefs and Practices to Assure Our Future is Green
How safe are our products? Our products are 100% biodegradable, cruelty-free, and do not contain harmful synthetic fragrance oils, preservatives, petroleum products, FD&C colorants and dyes, parabens, phthalates or sulfates.
The researchers behind Skin Deep, the Environmental Working Group, have compiled a database of more than 25,000 cosmetic products and compared it against 50 definitive toxicity and regulatory databases, making it the largest integrated data resource of its kind. Why did a small nonprofit take on such a big project? Because the FDA doesn't require companies to test their own products for safety. Each product has been given a hazard rating from 0 to 10, with 10 being the most dangerous level of toxicity.
17 of our 31 products have a rating of 0 and 14 have a 1. Pretty fantastic, don't you think?! Click EWG Skin Deep Database to see the ratings of our products.
- Our packaging is selected to incorporate the highest recyclable content from safe and renewable sources with minimum environmental impact. We reuse packing and shipping materials we have received rather than generate new waste. We invite you to please reuse or recycle our packaging materials as well as our product containers. And the primary "peanuts" we use are biodegradable and made from corn starch, which Mother Nature just gobbles up without harming herself.
- Because millions of trees are sacrificed each year for 17 billion catalogs, we refrain from mailing paper catalogs and invite our Guests to visit our online Boutique, Nurture My Body, to learn more.
- Over 28 billion gallons of water are wasted every year on making paper for junk mail (source: greendimes.com and EPA), therefore our Guests will be enjoying what would have been sent out as a Newsletter by visiting our Nurture My Body Blog instead.
- Global carbon dioxide levels are higher today than at any other point the last 420,000 years. Because 82% of the increase in emissions is a result of burning fossil fuels to generate electricity and power our cars (source: cleanandgreen.us), our company runs on 100% wind-powered energy from Puget Sound Energy Green Power.
- We are a member of The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) - Campaigning for Health, Justice and Sustainability. The OCA is a grassroots, non-profit, public interest organization working specifically to protect our food supply. The OCA works on public education and encourages sustainable agriculture, fair trade, and product labeling of genetically engineered and irradiated food.
- We support the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, are 1 of 322 companies worldwide called a Champion, and pledge that our products will meet the standards and deadlines set by the European Union Directive 76/768/EEC to be free of chemicals that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation, or birth defects.
- We are 1 of only 390 companies that have been approved by Leaping Bunny. Per Leaping Bunny: “Make a commitment to eliminate animal testing by pledging to only purchase products approved by the Leaping Bunny Program, which provides the best assurance that no new animal testing is used in any phase of product development by the company, its laboratories, or suppliers. The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program administers a cruelty-free standard and the internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo for companies producing cosmetic, personal care, and household product. All of the companies certified through the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program are doing their part to help eliminate the cruel and unnecessary use of animals in product testing.”